The 2018 Honda Civic MPG Ratings and Specs
You know that the 2018 Honda Civic is a reliable, safe, and comfortable sedan that’s well suited to be your daily driver for your Arlington commutes. But is it a fuel-efficient vehicle as well? There are four Honda Civic engines to choose from, and they all deliver solid Honda Civic MPG.
MPG Ratings Per Civic Trim
Which new Honda Civic configuration is right for your budget? Here’s a breakdown of what you can expect from the 2018 Honda Civic mpg ratings by trim level:
- Civic LX: EPA-estimated 28 mpg city/40 mpg highway* rating
- Civic EX: EPA-estimated 31 mpg city/40 mpg highway* rating
- Civic EX-T: EPA-estimated 31 mpg city/42 mpg highway* rating
- Civic EX-L: EPA-estimated 32 mpg city/42 mpg highway* rating
- Civic Touring: EPA-estimated 32 mpg city/42 mpg highway* rating
The Honda Civic LX, EX, and EX-T have the option for a continuously variable transmission (CVT) in place of the 6-speed manual for increased fuel efficiency, raising the fuel economy to an EPA-estimated 31 mpg city/40 mpg city* for the LX and EX and up to 32 mpg city/42 mpg highway* for the EX-T. The EX-L and Touring come standard with the CVT.
Two Honda Civic Engines
The 2018 Honda Civic Sedan is available with two engines:
- A standard 2.0L 4-cylinder with 158 hp and 138 lb-ft of torque.
- An available 1.5L turbocharged 4-cylinder with 174 hp and 162 lb-ft of torque (167 lb-ft with the six-speed manual transmission).
Both engines come with Eco Assist, designed to help Memphis drivers conserve fuel:
- Eco Assist guides your driving habits with a color-changing display around the speedometer — green means efficient; blue means you could be a bit more conservative with the accelerator.
- Models with the available ECON button make it easy to optimize vehicle behavior for fuel economy — just push the button.
Take Advantage of the Fuel-Efficient 2018 Honda Civic MPG
Now that you know the fuel efficiency ratings of each of the Honda Civic engines, you can device which trim level, engine, and Honda Civic MPG is right for you. To learn more about your options, contact us online, explore the Civic inventory online, or visit our Bartlett showroom, not too far from Cordova.
*Based on 2018 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions and other factors.
More From Wolfchase Honda
Motor oil is important to the function of a Honda vehicle, and you should always make sure there’s just the right amount. Keeping your oil at the proper level helps protect all of your engine’s internal moving parts, whether you’re sticking to the streets of Arlington or heading far from Cordova. Schedule Oil Change Learn…
Getting the dirt off the outside of your window can be as simple as driving through a car wash, but what do you do to get the inside clean? Cleaning the inside of your car windows is pretty simple. First, you’ll just need to acquire a microfiber towel, glass cleaner, and rubbing alcohol. Then follow…
Fun and sporty, the 2019 Honda Civic interior offers a host of new comfort and entertainment features you won’t want to miss out on. Going above and beyond the expectations of Cordova drivers, the Civic interior offers a curated selection of features for safety and comfort. Explore the Civic interior with us below. Learn MoreView…